In trans-PRK (also called SmartSight), under local anesthesia and after an eyelid retractor holds the eye open, the correction is performed on the surface of the cornea without contact or incision. The epithelium (the cells of the corneal surface that are constantly regenerating) is also automatically removed by the LASER. Previously, these were removed manually by the surgeon (PRK method).
At the end, antibiotic eye drops are applied and a contact lens, which remains on the cornea until the epithelium regenerates and is removed by the doctor after about 4 days, is put on. The contact lens reduces the expected pain.
Duration: 1 minute / eye
- No incision (flap) necessary
- Sports restriction: 5 days, contact and ball sports 2 weeks
- Technically simpler method, non-contact
- Price, only 1 LASER applied
- Treatment of both eyes on the same day
- Pain: 2-3 days, occasionally severe pain can be expected
- Inability to work: 1 week
- Optical rehabilitation: in 5-7 days, optimal result can be expected only after 1-3 months
- Dry eyes in the first months
Price: CHF 1'890 / eye
(preliminary examinations, follow-up examinations and medication, 24/7 accessibility for the first 3 months, 10 years follow-up is included if medically indicated)